2.25.2013

Rose Mojito - White Tea from The Persimmon Tree




I'm not normally a fan of white teas, but one of my 2013 New Year Resolutions was to be more tolerant of white teas (as well as earl greys, but that's a posting for another time).

Once I read the flavors in Rose Mojito (formerly called Amore), I thought I'd give the tea a try. And I'm so glad I did!

Rose Mojito by The Persimmon Tree is light and playful - a blend of refreshing peppermint and calming botanicals. While the ingredients list "rose" as a flavor, I don't necessarily pick out that flavor in each sip. This is a good thing; I'm not a fan of roses, in my tea or otherwise. Rose Mojito just tastes like a mint floral cuppa - a generic floral, which I like.

This used to be called Amore and only recently was changed to Rose Mojito, FYI.

I was able to infuse the leaves twice - and both infusions yielded the same light taste. I know from experience that white teas can be finicky, so I did stick to the 180 degree water temperature, and did brew for three minutes on the first infusion and four minutes on the second.

If you want to give this tea a try, you can save 15% off your purchase with code KeenTeaMojito now through March 1, 2013. Once you give Rose Mojito a try, tell me what you think!

Check out The Persimmon Tree's website for more information and/or stop by their Facebook page.

This was a terrific blend to kick off my adventure into white teas. Are there any others - from any shop - you'd recommend? Comment below or email me!


No comments:

Post a Comment