7.14.2011

From Wegmans (Frederick) to Home: Blood Orange Star Fruit

 From Wegmans to Home: The Tea Aisle at the new Frederick, MD, store offers up new tea varieties

Blood Orange Star Fruit Green Tea, Wellness Supplement by Celestial Seasonings (Bagged)

OK, this is my first attempt at this feature. I did ask for permission to use Wegmans' name on my blog and haven't heard back yet. But this feature isn't really about Wegmans, it's about the teas I'm discovering in the tea aisle there. (Also, my Frederick store lists "pop" instead of "soda"; I'm tickled!)

Found this gem during my inaugural trip there and have gotten at least two coworkers hooked on it. Oh, and I'm hooked as well.


http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/wellness-teas/blood-orange-star-fruit

This green tea is blood orange & citrus to the max. Actually it's more BLOOD ORANGE & STARFRUIT than Green Tea, if you know what I mean.

I've tried this cold brewed, loved it; blended it with some juice and loved it still. Tried it hot and was still in love. The only downside is that you can't resteep. But it's a bagged tea so it's not like I really expected to do that.

This is a green tea, so it does have some caffeine. But the punch of citrus-in-your-face is balanced by Rebiana (a sweetener from Stevia, which contains soy lecithin, according to the site). This tea is also 100% natural, and really does a body good. I did find like I had more energy after drinking two cups of it... placebo effect, perhaps, but it worked for me!

I love the deep, tangy tastes in this tea: sunshine in a cup. I drank it on a rainy day and swore there was a little ray of sunshine coming from my Fiestaware mug.

It is wonderful and refreshing. Iced, hot, even mixed with orange juice. I wonder what it would be like in a green tea based smoothie... If anyone tries it before me, lemme know!


1 comment:

  1. drinking a cup of it right now but not as enthused as you are. Glad you liked it and keep up the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete