4.13.2011

1st Interview with Ally

Reader Question 1) What is it about tea that you're hoping to learn more about? Origin? Processing? Interesting legends? What's drawing you in? 


Where Ally is taking classes

Ally sits with us for a moment during her training and discovery of what it means to be a Teaist. She's dressed comfortably in yoga attire, and holds a cup of plain green tea.


KiTT: How is your training so far?


Ally: It's been great. I'm learning a lot of things about tea I never knew.


KiTT: Readers are wondering: what is it about tea you are hoping to learn? 


Ally: There's a whole different perspective on tea in different cultures. We Americans just consider it another beverage, but tea in Japan involves an entire ceremony. I want to learn about the ceremony and participate in an authentic one. I'd love to learn about the history of tea; one time it was used as currency. 


KiTT: Are there any legends you'd like to learn about?


Ally: I'm big into the paranormal, so I'm always looking for ghost tales and legends. I'm reading "Green Tea and other ghost stories" so I'll let you know if I come across anything of interest. Also a book about ghosts and Tea Tables in WV. Not sure what it's about, but I'm looking into it. If you or your readers have any legends for me to investigate, let me know.


KiTT: What's drawing you in?


Ally: Tea is such a big part of this world in so many different ways. It's a beverage, it's a lifestyle, it's currency, it's calming. There are so many attributes. I want to learn as much as I can so I can open up my own tea house.


KiTT: Is that your goal, then?


Ally: Yes. My own tea house. Wouldn't that rock? *checks her watch* OK, gotta split. Lessons are starting back up.


KiTT: Thanks for taking a moment. Talk to you later and good luck!


Submit your questions for Ally to answer during her breaks by posting below or e-mailing me at keenteathyme@gmail.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment